Saturday, August 04, 2007

If You're Going to Twitter, Do It in Public

There's a website called Twitter that is doing something very wacky and creative. It asks people what they're doing right now and then just streams out the results and it is fascinating in a very strange way.

As I was poking around on their site I noticed that communities could twitter as well. Here a fire department logs what it's doing, uh, right now. Now I happen to think that's pretty cool.

Imagine a school twittering throughout the day and sending their twitters to an rss feed that is updating a portal on their website? That would be very interesting to see snapshots of activity in the whole school over a period of time.

But wait a minute. Could teachers also create a class twitter? I mean with students offering ideas during a class about what's being learned? My head hurts thinking how cool a virtual gestalt session in an interesting classroom might get.

I better stop now. I'm feeling a twitter coming on.

No comments: